Grilled Loin Chops with Spinach & Pea Salad
Ingredients for Lamb
1 cup Greek yogurt
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1-piece fresh ginger root, peeled and grated (about 3-inches)
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon garam masala
2 teaspoons sweet paprika
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Coarse salt, to taste
6 sprigs fresh thyme
1 tablespoon oil, to brush grill grate
Ingredients for Spinach and Pea Salad
3 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
1 cup frozen baby green peas, thawed
2 tbsp good-quality olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
Salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For Lamb Chops
- Rinse the lamb chops under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels. Using the tip of a sharp knife, make a few slits in each lamb chop.
- In a large nonreactive bowl, whisk the yogurt, lemon juice, ginger, garlic, honey, garam masala, paprika, cumin, nutmeg and salt together until blended. Place the lamb chops in the marinade, turning to completely coat the lamb. Top with thyme sprigs, cover and refrigerate for 30 mins to an hour. If you have time, try marinating the chops overnight, up to 24 hours to infuse the flavours further.
- Prepare grill for direct grilling. Preheat to medium-high heat. While grill is heating, remove lamb from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Brush grill grate with oil. Season lamb with salt and pepper to taste. Grill to desired doneness, a few minutes per side.
- Transfer the lamb to individual plates or a serving platter. Serve with salad.
For Spinach and Pea Salad
Combine spinach, greens, and peas in salad bowl. In small bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, thyme, salt and pepper and whisk to blend. Just before serving, pour dressing over salad and toss gently to coat.