Grilled rack of lamb + tomato, avocado, arugula salad
Grilled Rack of Lamb
- 2 racks of lamb
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
Tomato Avocado, Arugula Salad
- 2-3 avocados, halved
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 4 cups of arugula
- Salt, pepper, olive oil & chilli flakes for seasoning
Honey Mustard Dressing:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (white wine vinegar or lemon juice are great subsitutes)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- salt + pepper, to taste
- Mix all marinade ingredients together in a bowl.
- Preheat your grill. Season the racks of lamb generously with fresh ground salt and pepper. Spread the meaty sides of the racks with the marinade and let it sit for 15-30 mins.
- Sear the racks over high heat, meaty side down, until they are nice and brown, about 5 minutes or so. Turn the racks so that they are leaning against each other with the bones pointing up and grill until the meaty sides are browned on the bottom, about 3 minutes more. Now flip the racks bone side down and lower the heat to moderately low. Cover the grill and continue cooking until an meat thermometer inserted in the centre of the meat registers 130° for medium-rare, about 20 minutes. Transfer the racks of lamb to a carving board and let rest for 10 minutes. Carve into lollipops.
Grilled tomato, avocado + arugula salad:
- Toss tomatoes with salt, pepper, a pinch of chilli flakes & olive oil. Brush avocado halves with olive oil and season with salt + pepper. Season arugula generously with salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all ingredients for the Honey Mustard Dressing and let sit while you grill the vegetables.
- Grill tomatoes in a grill pan for about 10 minutes or until a few start to burst. Grill avocados for 3-5 minutes until grill marks appear.
- Top arugula with grilled tomatoes, avocado.
- Drizzle everything with honey mustard vinaigrette and season with fresh ground salt & pepper.